Founded in 1950 by Harmon A. Dobson, the first restaurant served a basic menu of Whataburgers® (the signature product), cold drinks and potato chips.
The early stands were just large wooden “boxes”, with a working area of 10 x 23 feet.
In the 1960’s, Mr. Dobson built a three-story, A-frame building and painted the roof with orange and white, alternating stripes.
Today, the single-story buildings retain the orange and white roof while reflecting the environment of their locale.


Leave a Reply